Saturday, May 21, 2005

Loose QRs again

Anyone who has come here from my home pages will probably have seen my investigation into the disk brake and quick release problem. People who have no interest in or knowledge of cycling are unlikely to find much of this comprensible...

It's more than 2 years since I diagnosed the fault, and there seems to be little progress. But the problem still crops up regularly, as a quick search on the STW forum reveals:

First thread

Second thread

Third thread

Fourth thread

It's not just on STW, either, as this thread on MTBR shows.

Might also be worth mentioning that Dave Gray at Surly knows all about this problem:

You are correct. I've noticed the problem on my Karate Monkey
fork.

But since none of the riders seem unduly bothered by this, it looks like no-one is going to get around to fixing the problem. Seems to me like it's a obvious lawsuit waiting to happen, but that's not my problem.

(minor update Sept 2005 - fixed the STW URLs to point to their archive)

No comments: